Online Course Detail
This presentation addresses the mainstream experience of a first grade child with bilateral cochlear implants from the perspectives of both parent and teacher. The parent will discuss why her family chose the specific school they did. Both parent and teacher examine what was done to prepare, what accommodations were made, and what else the school professionals did to ensure success.
This is a Recorded Course which requires either a Windows-based computer or a Mac with speakers/headphones to view. More information is available in the FAQs/Help section.
Length: 60 minutes
Cost: Free to View
- Participants will be able to discuss different educational options for children with hearing loss.
- Participants will be able to describe the Montessori philosophy.
- Participants will be able to describe why Montessori is an option for children with hearing loss.
- Participants will be able to detail necessary steps to be taken to prepare schools and environments for children.
- Participants will be able to identify the different roles that, parents and educators have in ensuring success for children.
Niki Wollan, parent of Jake (Bilateral 7 year old), and Lisa Albert (Jake’s teacher), Douglas County Montessori School, Castle Rock, CO