Sound and WAY Beyond
An Interactive Listening Rehabilitation Program for Adults and Teens
Rehabilitation is critical for an adult to achieve the maximum benefit from a cochlear implant. Auditory training can help in listening situations including using the telephone, enjoying music and understanding speech in noise. Sound and WAY Beyond™ is available for purchase in our online store.
We’ve partnered with leading clinical resource developers to bring you Sound and WAY Beyond, a self-paced, interactive rehabilitation program that allows you to practice and perfect your listening skills at home. Your results can be summarized and printed, facilitating meaningful discussions with your audiologist and therapist.Better hearing starts here:
- Designed to improve vowel, consonant and sentence hearing.
- Designed to enhance telephone use and music enjoyment.
- Interactive, self-directed modules for adults and teens at all skill levels.
- Features 10,000 sounds, words and sentences.
The Science Behind Sound and WAY Beyond
At Cochlear™, we have a reputation for backing our technology with sound science. That’s why we based Sound and WAY Beyond on computer-assisted speech training software developed by House Ear Institute researcher Qian-Jie Fu, Ph.D., for use in clinical therapy.
In published research it has been demonstrated that computer-assisted speech training programs, when used in the recommended way, may improve speech recognition performance for cochlear implant recipients.*
- PC with Microsoft® Windows® Vista, XP, 2000
- Macintosh using Parallels Desktop or Bootcamp
- Pentium® III or higher (recommended)
- 500 MB free hard disk space
- 256 MB RAM
- 16-bit sound card
- Display/screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
* Fu,Q.J., et al. Maximizing cochlear implant patients’ performance with advanced speech training procedures. Hearing Research 2008 doi:10.1016/ J. Heares / 2007.11.010.